I named my company Vivacity UK Ltd because I love the concept of people being ‘vivacious, animated and full of life’ and I thoroughly enjoy helping people feel energised and good about themselves.
I set up my personal training company in 2006 and can hand on heart say that I love my job. Originally, I worked in a plush health club in Central London but over time my company has developed into training both men and women in their homes, small private studios or outside spaces.
After successful IVF treatment I had my first child (Elliot) which led me to set up Tots, Squats and Coffee Pots when he was three months old. I felt that there was a gap in the market for a fitness class where Mums could meet each other, bring their children and spend some well-deserved time focussing on themselves and their fitness. There has always been a huge emphasis on fun and socialising in these classes to give Mums in the local area not only a fantastic exercise class but more importantly a friendship network.
Over the years I have always had a particular interest in pregnancy and postnatal training. Since having my own children (Isobel is my second IVF miracle) I have deepened my knowledge in this field through further education and qualifications. My expertise allows me to provide correct information to what is and isn’t safe for women to do through all three trimesters in pregnancy and into the postnatal period. Being a Mum myself, I am aware of the challenges and time constraints that many Mums face and have experienced a lot of things that women may be going through. That’s why I feel confident in my abilities to help people squeeze in exercise and eat as well as they can when short on time, short on sleep and hormones may be all over the place.
I pride myself on setting realistic targets which can motivate and guide both men and women safely through exercise. I want people to feel that they can fit exercise into their already busy lifestyles. My main focus is to push people, but to always have fun. It is important for me to see my clients enjoying the sessions rather than them feeling as though they are being punished. I want my clients to release happy hormones, not stress hormones!
Being a personal trainer and women’s’ wellness coach (I have also completed a course in peri and post menopause) I am dedicated to helping others improve their quality of life both physically and mentally. With my down to earth and pragmatic approach, I can help people achieve a happy balance when training. I believe that self-care is vital and being as fit and healthy as you can be (but still enjoying the things you like in life) is so very important for well-being, stress levels and sanity!
- Diploma in Personal Training and Sports Therapy (Modules; Fitness Instruction, Fitness Assessment and Health Appraisal, Exercise suited for Specific Medical Needs, Pre and Postnatal, Circuit Classes, Optimum and Sports Nutrition, Body Massage, Sports Massage Therapy, Rehabilitation and Ultra Sound Techniques, Emergency Aid.)
- Diploma in Advanced Optimum Nutritional Therapy
- Advanced Instructor (level 3) Register of Exercise Professionals
- Studio Cycling Phase 1 and 2
- Paul Chek Practitioner in Scientific Core Conditioning
- Speed, Agility and Quickness Preliminary Award
- Powerplate Training
- Pre and Postnatal Assessment and Exercise Prescription
- Pregnancy Exercise
- Pre and Postnatal Outdoor Clients
- Pregnancy Massage
- Advanced CPD in Modern Post Natal Assessment, Core Restore and Functional Exercise Programming (Jenny Burrell eduction)
- 3rd Age Woman Peri-to-Post Menopause Certification
- FitPro ‘Food for thought: Eating and Exercise for Mental Health’ course
- FitPro ‘Dynamic Bodyweight Pilates’ course
Request Free Consultation
It’s time to take care of your health now!